Areas of Research/Expertise
Fabrice Gallou received his Ph.D. degree from the Ohio State University in the field of total synthesis of natural products. After Ph.D., he started his career as a process chemist at Boehringer Ingelheim and subsequently moved to the chemical development group at Novartis Pharmaceuticals, where he is now responsible for global scientific activities worldwide, overseeing development and implementation of practical and economical chemical processes for large-scale production of APIs, and leads cross-functional innovation projects.
5 Most representative publications non-related to Mechanochemistry
- Ansari, T.; Taussat, A.; Clark, A.; Nachtegaal, M.; Plummer, S.; Gallou, F.; Handa, S. "Insights on bimetallic micellar nanocatalysis for Buchwald-Hartwig aminations" ACS Catal. 2019, 9, 10389. org/10.1021/acscatal.9b02622
- Smith, J. D.; Jamhawi, A.; Jasinski, J. B.; Gallou, F.; Ge, J.; Advincula, R.; Liu, J.; Handa, S.. "Organopolymer with dual chromophores and fast charge-transfer properties for sustainable photocatalysis" Nature Comm. 2019, 10, 1837. org/10.1038/s41467-019-09316-5
- Cortes-Clerget, M.; Akporji, N.; Zhou, J.; Gao, F.; Guo, P.; Parmentier, M.; Gallou, F.; Berthon, J.-Y.; Lipshutz, B. H. "Bridging the gap between transition metal- and bio-catalysis via aqueous micellar media" Nature Comm. 2019, 10, 2169. org/10.1038/s41467-019-09751-4.
- Serrano-Luginbühl, S.; Ruiz-Mirazo, K.; Ostaszewski, R.; Gallou, F.; Walde, P. "Soft and dispersed interface-rich aqueous systems that promote and guide chemical reactions" Rev. Chem. 2018, 2, 306. doi.org/10.1038/s41570-018-0042-6
- Handa, S.; Wang, Y.; Gallou, F.; Lipshutz, B. H. "Sustainable Fe-ppm Pd nanoparticle catalysis of Suzuki-Miyaura cross-couplings in water" Science 2015, 349, 1087. DOI: 10.1126/science.aac6936
Orcid ID https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8996-6079
Primary focus in mechanochemical research
- Contribute to the elaboration and the development of new synthetic methodologies based on mechanochemistry
- Provide perspective as to relevance and significance of mechanochemistry to the industry
- Identify and promote synergies with sustainable attractive technologies
- Facilitate and accelerate evaluation of the technology within the COST community
- Promote findings in the field resulting from the action's efforts
- Be an active member and advocate of the technology within my geography